Backend Scala Developer
In this role you'll get a chance to work with incredible team of developers fluent in building modern, reactive web platforms. You'll have impact on creating architectures, defining APIs and improving the development process. Together we'll build great applications.
What you'll do (aka Scope of Work)
- Building advanced backends for web/mobile/cloud applications in an Agile process.
- Extending and improving functionality and architecture of the applications we develop.
- Improving architecture of existing applications, refactoring.
- Defining new systems architecture in cooperation with frontend developers and the Head of Development.
- Helping fellow team members improve by doing code reviews on an ongoing basis.
- Training and coaching junior team members.
- Partner with other senior backend developers in researching new technologies, learning and defining technology directions for Evojam backend.
What we look for (aka Requirements)
- Experience in Scala (preferably) or other backend techstack.
- Good orientation in surrounding frameworks and libraries. For example: Play, Spring, Spray, Akka, AMQP, etc.
- Secondary specialty in either frontend development or databases – both SQL and non-SQL.
- Experience using MongoDB is a big plus.
- Deep understanding of software architecture – services, components, deployments, performance, continuous integration.
- Good orientation in modern standards and technical trends.
- Fluency in English is necessary – both written and spoken.
What you get (aka Benefits)
- Learning, learning and growth!
- Modern, constantly-updated tech stack
- Interesting, ambitious, global projects
- Tools of choice (including licenses)
- Great, mature software development process
- Professional, Agile project management
- 20 days of paid vacation
- Flexible working hours
- 50% of all conference expenses covered
- Constantly expanded library of books
- Multisport card
- Salary according to our transparent criteria: (you can find more details HERE)
- Senior: 13 000+ PLN
- Mid: 7 500+ PLN
- Junior: 3 000+ PLN
If your priorities are: building high-quality apps & learning - Evojam is the right place for you!